Before filing a claim on your insurance, you want to be sure that you actually need a new roof on your home. Fortunately, there are several signs that help you answer the question, “Do I need a new roof?”
5 Signs You Need A New Roof:
- Attic Leak – If you notice a leak in your attic, especially after a storm, you could possible have a leak in your roof. If so, you may need to consider repairing, or even replacing your roof.
- Peeling Paint – Is your paint peeling (interior or exterior)? This may be due to trapped moisture in the house due to high temperatures or poor attic ventilation. Be sure there are vents in areas such as the kitchen or bathroom to reduce humidity.
- Missing/Damaged Shingles – If you notice that the shingles on your roof are missing or otherwise damaged, your roof has probably reached the end of its useful life and may need to be replaced.
- Dark Areas – Do you see dark patches on your roof? This could mean several things, from a fungus or just a loss of protective granules. Be sure when you do have your roof replaced, your new shingles have StainGuard Protection to keep this from happening again!
- High Energy Costs – If your utility bills are through the roof (pun intended), you could need a new roof. Insufficient attic ventilation can cause these high energy costs, due to the cooling system running excessively.
Hopefully, this helps answer your question, “Do I need a new roof?” But if it doesn’t, please give us a call! We are more than happy to answer any roofing questions you may have, as well as give you a FREE estimate on repair/replacement. 432-312-8705